FIT offers a four-year degree in Film and Media. Students must start with the Associate in Applied Science (AAS), then move on to a Bachelor of Science (BS) in Film and Media.
The two-year AAS curriculum teaches the basics, including:
- digital film camera operation
- introduction to film history
- introductory audio recording techniques
- narrative and documentary storytelling
- post-production editing and digital effects
The two-year BS curriculum, which culminates in a film thesis project, offers more intensive, professional courses focusing on:
- advanced cinematography
- film theory and media studies
- advanced color correction techniques
- making short and feature films
- producing and directing films
- completing an internship at a production company, television studio, web company, or with a prestigious filmmaker
Students may participate in a study abroad program in their junior year.