Program learning outcomes are statements by faculty members that describe the most important things students will know and be able to do when they graduate from a program.
Bachelor of Science Degree
Upon graduating from the Textile Development and Marketing BS program, students will skilled in the following:
- Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility: Students will describe the basic tenets of sustainability and corporate social responsibility and apply that knowledge to responsibly create products that instill a sense of ecology, economy, and social well-being.
- Product Knowledge: Students will employ assessment tools to evaluate business quality and meet industry recognized standards.
- Technology: Students will use technology to construct, evaluate and support the creation of fabric forming methodology, coloration, and chemical modification, and will be able to evaluate the effectiveness of their choices.
- Research & Critical Thinking: Students will use research, design, and implementation strategies to create products that are competitively priced and well positioned.
- Globalism: Students will assess textile industries and opportunities to develop products and markets, and network effectively with industry professionals in a global context.
- Communication: Students will produce effective marketing and communication strategies and communicate them effectively in written, oral and visual form.