Program learning outcomes are statements by faculty members that describe the most important things students will know and be able to do when they graduate from a program.
Bachelor of Science Degree
Upon graduating from the Production Management BS program, students will be skilled in the following:
- Retail/Wholesaling: Students will learn the facility for researching and relating external information to the decisions required on plans, policies, strategies, and procedures for a particular company.
- Production Commercialization: Students will develop a business plan for a small business and to prepare operational plans for a large business.
- Business Fundamentals: Students will demonstrate the ability to create a complete financial plan, including master budget, sales, forecast, purchase budget, operating expense budget, cash and capital budget, projected operating statements, and proforma balance sheets.
- Technology: Students will articulate the intricacies of facilities design as they are made to consider material flow design, systems design, space allocations, auxiliary services, and storage facilities in their plant layout.
- Research & Critical Thinking: Students will plan and analyze flow techniques, create an operation process chart, place equipment while considering the intricacies of material handling between the various operations of the plant.
- Globalism: Students will create the necessary “paper trail” to track the legal documents required to process raw materials and the analysis of the legal aspects and restrictions applicable to the purchasing of raw materials; these include the study of warranties and the transfer of title.
- Communication: Students will learn the process of supply chain management from a manufacturer’s perspective of global sourcing, vender evaluation, quality assurance, materials resource planning, inventory control, budget considerations.