Textiles & Sewn Products Quality Assurance
Field Inspector Training
5 Day Certificate Program
Sponsored by Bureau Veritas
Bureau Veritas Experts and FIT Faculty
Summer 2018 Dates: June 18, 19, 20, 21 and 22
- Learn all aspects of the Quality Audit Process conducted in manufacturing plants
- Gain hands on experience in an actual NYC factory
- Earn certification and a paid "in the field" training follow-up assignment with Bureau Veritas supervision and sponsorship
Complete this 5 day training and pass the certification testing to be held on the 5th day of the program. Those who complete the training and pass the exam will be **eligible for a Bureau Veritas contract with the potential of subcontractor field inspection assignments.
- An in-depth education on the Third Party Inspector process for clothing, accessories and fashion-related soft goods production.
- AQL Quality Assurance processes and documentation preparation.
- On-site testing practices, procedures, fabric, garment object analysis and evaluation.
- Use of FIT's famous Textile Development and Marketing's textile testing laboratories.
Who Should Attend:
Manufacturing savvy people looking to augment their income and/or add to their professional experiences and resumes, who can fit freelance assignments into their schedules. People seeking to become Quality Assurance Field Inspectors should be available to travel. There are domestic and international assignments available.
Professional and/or Educational Pre-requisites:
- Manufacturing and sourcing experience in fashion, accessories and home soft goods product production and or related textile fabrication manufacturing.
Also helpful are:
- A degree in fashion and related products manufacturing studies
- Advanced (credit and non-credit) studies in production and sourcing
- Career professionals who have taken courses similar to FIT’s SXP105 Quality Fashion, SXF500 Fabrication, SXP120 Stitches and Seams or equivalent skill & knowledge
**The selection of candidates to go on to an “in field training” assignment which pays $150 plus expenses and the selection of candidates for a Bureau Veritas active status contract is solely at the discretion of Bureau Veritas. Fashion Institute of Technology, State University of New York is in no way accountable for either of these offers.
Joanna Bates - Manager of IAC Operations - North America, Bureau Veritas
Liz Mann - Lead Field Inspector and Auditor, Bureau Veritas
Bernard Kahn - facilitator, Product Development Manager and Certified Technical Designer Professional Development Certificate programs, adjunct assistant professor, Production Management: Fashion and Related Industries, FIT
Sean Cormier - Internationally recognized textile and product quality control expert, professor, Textile Development and Marketing, FIT
$850 + $5 registration includes instruction, materials, 1 continental breakfast, 1 luncheon, factory workshop, coffee and bottled water, administered test and assessment.