Policy No. SS004*
FIT seeks to create and maintain a safe environment in which all members of the community – students, faculty, administrators, staff, guests and visitors – can learn and work free from the fear of sex or gender discrimination, including sexual misconduct. FIT prohibits sexual misconduct by its students, faculty, administrators, or staff. Sexual misconduct covered by this policy includes, among other things, sexual assault, gender-based harassment, sexual harassment, stalking, and domestic and intimate partner violence. The College will promptly investigate all allegations of sexual misconduct and take appropriate disciplinary action upon finding a violation of this policy. The College is committed to supporting victims of sexual misconduct and is committed to providing support services and accommodations. Just as important, FIT offers education and training programs intended to prevent sexual misconduct from happening in our community. FIT also prohibits other types of discrimination and harassment. Members of the FIT Community should consult the FIT’s Nondiscrimination and Anti-Harassment Policy if they believe they have been the subject of other types of discrimination and harassment.
Who Should Read This Policy
- Other Members of the FIT community
- Responsible Administrator(s): Treasurer and Vice President for Finance and Administration; Vice President for Strategic Planning and Institutional Effectiveness
- Responsible Office(s): Affirmative Action/Title IX; Public Safety
- Implementation History: Revised December 2013; Revised March 2015; Revised December 2016; Updated April 2016, June 2017
- Contact(s): Title IX Coordinator (Affirmative Action Officer)
View Official Policy
SS004, Sexual Misconduct Response (.pdf)
This PDF document is the official version of this policy.
* Formerly titled: Sexual Assault, Stalking, and Domestic and Intimate Partner Violence Prevention and Response