Changing your password protects your data from intruders. It also helps us protect FIT's resources and its computing network. To maintain the security of your FIT Logon ID, you should change your password regularly. Passwords are currently valid for 120 days. If you should suspect that another person may have access to your identity, change your password immediately.
The following policy addendum will go into effect on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 and the process will be implemented upon your next password change.
- For access to the FIT network, passwords must be at least 8 alphanumeric characters long and must contain at least one CAPITAL letter, one lowercase letter and one number. The password must be changed at least once every 120 days.
- For access to generic accounts, the password must be at least 8 characters and must contain one lowercase letter, one upper case letter, and one number. The password must be changed at least once every 120 days. These passwords must be changed at least once every 120 days. NOTE: All passwords are case sensitive; PassWord is different than password.
- Please avoid using any of the following special characters in your password as these symbols will cause difficulty when you log into Banner: () parentheses, + (plus sign), @ (at sign), (double quotes), \ (backslash), # (pound sign), < (less than), > (greater than) or & (ampersand)
- You also cannot use your login username.
- Sample acceptable passwords: Beast%124, abDj4235, River!09
Refer to IT005 Password Change Policy
Visit FIT's password FAQ at: http://it.fitnyc.edu/get-help/faqs/passwords-and-accounts/
How to change your password before it expires:
1. If you are using a Windows workstation, log in as yourself and then press Ctrl-Alt-Del. Press the "Change Password..." button in the dialog box that appears. You can now reset your password.
2. You can also visit this link to reset your password IF you know your old password: https://sites.fitnyc.edu/pwm
3. If you have forgotten your password and have set up a password reset question, go to: https://sites.fitnyc.edu/pwm
4. Make sure to set up a password reset verification question at: https://sites.fitnyc.edu/pwm
If assistance is needed, please contact IT Customer Service at 212 217.HELP (on campus: 7-HELP).