Policy No. IT009
Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT or the college), through the Office of Information Technology (IT), provides network accounts for all faculty, administrators and staff members.
The Network Access Policy defines security requirements for connecting network accounts from computers, servers and other devices to the college network. This policy is intended to reduce the risk of a security incident by requiring consistent application of authentication and access standards across the network.
In addition, the authentication and access standards are designed to minimize the exposure to the college from theft and loss of data (e.g. confidentiality and privacy), disruption to business operations, and damage to the colleges image which may follow from unauthorized use of its electronic computing resources.
Who Should Read this Policy
- All users who have access to FIT-owned or FIT-provided computers and require access to the FIT network and associated systems and applications
- Includes guests, consultants, contractors, and anyone requiring access to the college network
- This policy does not apply to students
- Responsible Administrator(s): Assistant Vice President, Software Services and Information Access
- Responsible Office(s): Office of Information Technology
- Implementation History: October 2013; Revised June 2014
- Contact: Assistant Vice President, Software Services and Information Access
View Official Policy
IT009, Network Access and Security (.pdf)
This PDF document is the official version of this policy.