Students do not officially graduate until all degree requirements have been successfully completed, and a graduation application has been submitted.
Before You Apply
Review your degree audit (DARS). If you have questions about your degree audit, contact the Registrar's office in Feldman Center, Room C158 or email [email protected]. Plan your registration for all missing courses.
After registering for your final semester, check your degree audit (DARS) to confirm
you are registered for all degree requirements. The top of your audit should read:
>>>> ALL REQUIREMENTS COMPLETED - IN-PROGRESS COURSES USED <<<<
If you need to take a winter course to finish your degree, you should apply for January graduation. If you need to take a summer course to finish your degree, you should apply for August graduation.
How to Submit Your Graduation Application
- Log in to MyFIT.
- Under Online Resources, click Online Information System.
- Click on Student.
- Click on Graduation Application and enter your information.
- Save the confirmation page for your records.
If you apply after your last semester has ended, you will need to submit a paper form
in the Registrar's Office.
AAS Students Continuing for a Bachelor's Degree
If you plan to continue at FIT to earn a bachelor's degree, you first apply for AAS graduation, then submit the Bachelor's Application in MyFIT. Admissions priority is given to applicants who are successfully completing the AAS degree requirements. Applicants within 6 credits of completing the AAS degree requirements may also be considered.
- At FIT, a bachelor's degree will not be awarded until an AAS or equivalent is earned. You must apply for graduation (degree completion) and you will receive a diploma for each degree awarded.
- December 1 is the priority deadline for students who anticipate completing all degree
requirements in May or August.
May 1 is the priority deadline for students who anticipate completing all degree requirements by December or January.
- Your name on FIT records is the name that will be printed on your diploma. If you want your name changed, a name change form with legal documentation must be submitted to the Registrar's Office.
- Diplomas will not be mailed to FIT residence halls or any campus address.
- The address entered on your graduation application is the address where the diploma will be mailed. If after you apply for graduation, you move or decide to have the diploma go to a different address, you must notify the Registrar's Office in writing. Updating your mailing address in MyFIT will not update your diploma address.
- Your graduation application must be submitted by March 31 if you want your name listed in the Commencement program.
- Submitting a graduation application does not obligate you to attend commencement exercises.
- Final graduation review takes place after the end of the semester, when final grades have been submitted. Diplomas are not issued at the Commencement ceremony in May.
- Commencement exercises are ceremonial and symbolic; participation in this event is not to be confused with actual graduation from the college.