Students do not officially graduate until all degree requirements have been successfully completed, and a graduation application has been submitted.
BEFORE YOU APPLY
Review your degree audit (DARS). If you have questions about your degree audit, contact the Registrar's office in Feldman Center, Room C158 or email FIT_Registrar@fitnyc.edu. Plan your registration for all missing courses.
After registering for your final semester, check your degree audit (DARS) again to
confirm you are registered for all degree requirements. The top of your audit should
>>>> ALL REQUIREMENTS COMPLETED - IN-PROGRESS COURSES USED <<<<
If you need to take a winter course to finish your degree, you should apply for January graduation. If you need to take a summer course to finish your degree, you should apply for August graduation.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR GRADUATION APPLICATION IN MYFIT
1. Under Online Resources, click on Online Information System
2. Click on Student
3. Click on Graduation Application and enter your information
4. Save the confirmation page for your records
If you apply after your last semester has ended, you will need to submit a paper form
in the Registrar's Office.
AAS STUDENTS CONTINUING FOR A BACHELOR'S DEGREE
If you plan to continue at FIT for a bachelor's degree, you can access the Admissions
application after submitting the graduation application in MyFIT. Admissions priority is
given to applicants who are successfully completing the AAS degree requirements. Applicants
within 6 credits of completing the AAS degree requirements may also be considered.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT APPLYING FOR GRADUATION:
December 1 is the priority deadline for students who anticipate completing all degree requirements in May or August. May 1 is the priority deadline for students who anticipate completing all degree requirements by December or January.
- At FIT, a bachelor's degree will not be awarded until an AAS or equivalent is earned. You must apply for graduation (degree completion) to receive a diploma for each degree awarded.
- The name on FIT records is the name that will be printed on the diploma. If you would like your name changed, a name change request with legal documentation must be submitted to the Registrar's Office. This will ensure that the name on the FIT diploma is accurate.
- Diplomas will not be mailed to the FIT dorms or any campus address.
- The address entered at the time of submitting your graduation application is the address the diploma will be mailed to, unless you request a change of diploma address. Candidates must submit a diploma address change directly to the Registrar's Office. Updating a mailing address in MyFIT does not update your diploma address.
- Your graduation application must be submitted by March 31 so that your name is listed in the Commencement program.
- Submitting a graduation application does not require you to attend Commencement.
- Final graduation review takes place after the end of the semester, when grades have been submitted.
- Commencement exercises are ceremonial and symbolic; participation in this event is not to be confused with actual graduation from the college.