After registration, you can make adjustments to your course schedule by adding, dropping or withdrawing from classes.
During Add/Drop Period*
The Late registration (Add-Drop) period is during the first week of semester. Students may add and drop courses through the first week of classes. You may make schedule changes (add/drop) in person or online through MyFIT.
After Add/Drop Period*
You may withdraw from a course up until the last day of the 13th week of a fall or spring semester. See the Academic Calendar for withdrawal deadlines for each semester, including summer and winter sessions. You will receive a final grade of WD on a course withdrawal completed in this timeframe, which will not affect your GPA. To officially withdraw from a course, you must submit a Course Withdrawal Form completed and signed by your instructor, and you, to the Registrar's Office in Feldman Center Room c158.
» Course Withdrawal Form (.pdf)
If you stop attending a class and do not complete the official withdrawal process, or if you want to withdraw after the thirteenth week of the fall or spring semester, you will receive a WF grade, which will negatively impact your GPA and could potentially affect your financial aid, housing, medical insurance, or auto insurance.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT DROPPING/WITHDRAWING FROM COURSE(S):
- Withdrawing may result in partial or full tuition and fees liability and/or a reduction or cancellation of your financial aid such as PELL, TAP, Stafford Loans, etc. It is recommended you consult with a Financial Aid officer prior to withdrawing to learn how your enrollment affects your awards.
- Withdrawals cannot be processed after the semester deadline. See Academic Calendar for withdrawal deadline dates, by semester.
- Withdrawing from course(s) does not relieve you of all financial obligations to the college.
- Housing, financial aid (see 1st bullet), medical insurance, and auto insurance may be affected if dropping/withdrawing brings your total course load below 12 credits (full-time status).
- The course withdrawal process is student initiated. It is up to you to obtain all signatures and return the withdrawal form to the Registrar's Office for processing during the allowed timeframe to ensure your withdrawal is made official.
- Understand how a course withdrawal may affect future registration because of pre-requisite and co-requisite requirements.