FIT's Precollege Workshops are fun, short programs designed to introduce you to some of the unusual and creative topics FIT specializes in. Spend four days learning a specific skill or technique, or delve into one of the many career opportunities FIT prepares students for. Perfect for the student who wants the FIT experience but is limited on time, you'll be both challenged and inspired by how much you'll learn in just four days!
ELIGIBLE GRADES: Students in grades 9 thru 12 as of Fall 2020 are eligible for fall remote high school
ONLINE REGISTRATION: Ended on October 14th. Registration for Oct/Nov Workshops is now closed. If you would like to register for Nov/Dec Worshops please click HERE.
LATE REGISTRATION: Due to the extensive technical process needed for remote class set up, we will be unable to offer late registration after October 14th. We thank you for understanding and hope you can join us this fall.
DATES and TIMES - all workshops will be offered REMOTELY:
- Saturdays, October 24, 31, November 7, 14, 2020; from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm (lunch: 12:30-1:30) EDT (Eastern Daylight Time). See a list of workshops beginning November 21 HERE
- Students will be required to log in on the designated dates and times, read more about remote course requirements HERE
PRICE: $370.00 More about prices, refund policy etc.
- All new students must watch the Precollege Orientation Video and submit a signed Acknowledgment of Risk and Release and Waiver Of Liability Form (coming soon)
- Workshops may be canceled due to low enrollment. You will be notified by email if cancellations occur.
- Instructor Contact List *Please note: instructor assignments are subject to change
For assistance, email: [email protected]
REMOTE WORKSHOP LISTINGS (all courses meet remotely from 9:30AM- 4:30PM)
HSX 120 55A (Remote) Fashion Forecasting Instructor: Jill Topol
HSX 121 55A (Remote) Exploring Fashion Styling Instructor: Sadia Seymour/Nancy Alusick
HSX 131 55A (Remote) Public Relations: Fashion Industry in Action! Instructor: Stacey Karesh
HSX 084 55A (Remote) Designing a Fashion Mini-Collection Instructor: Janice Giardina
HSX 088 55A (Remote) Simply Sewing Instructor: Karen Middleton
HSX 096 55A (Remote) A Week in the Life of a Fashion Designer Instructor: Kathlin Argiro