Our appointment procedures have changed as of November 9, 2015.
We now require all potential FIT Library visiting researchers to use an online appointment request form.
Access the Research Appointment Request Form and see more details on our Visit the Library page
Access information & hours (recorded message): 212 217.4340
Research Services Desk (to ask questions about using the FIT Library): 212 217.4400
- Advance appointments are required for all visitors--including alumni--except current FIT & SUNY students, faculty and staff.
Note that the appointment procedure for Special Collections & College Archives (SPARC) has not changed. Special Collections & College Archives (SPARC) has additional requirements for visiting.
- Alumni must meet College security regulations which govern access to all College buildings
- Alumni have access to most materials & services at the library but there are a few
exceptions. Note: This list is subject to change without notice. See more details
on the Visit the Library page
- General computer access for Internet, email, and word processing is not available for visitors (including alumni). We allow access to online databases using designated stations. We can refer you to nearby facilities (a public library or commercial operation) for other needs. We have guest WiFi access if you bring your own device.
- Because of licensing restrictions, some materials are for use by currently-registered FIT students and faculty only -- no exceptions. These include forecasting & trend services (Doneger Creative Services, WGSN, etc.) and some market research studies (MRI, Mintel, etc).
- Alumni may only use materials in the Library--no borrowing.
- FIT databases are not available remotely for alumni.
The Library reserves the right to refuse access to any person who fails to observe Library regulations. Visitors who engage in noisy or disruptive behavior, or who are using Library facilities for purely recreational purposes, may be asked to leave.