All FIT Library visiting researchers, including former students, must submit an online request. Advance appointments are required for all visitors, except current FIT and SUNY students, faculty, and staff.
The Library reserves the right to refuse access to any person who fails to observe Library regulations. Visitors who engage in noisy or disruptive behavior, or who are using Library facilities for purely recreational purposes, may be asked to leave.
Information & hours (recorded message): (212) 217-4340
Research Services Desk (to ask questions about using the FIT Library): (212) 217-4400
- Alumni must meet College security regulations which govern access to all College buildings.
- Alumni have access to most materials and services at the library, but there are a few exceptions. (subject to change without notice)
- General computer access for Internet, email, and word processing is not available for visitors (including alumni). We allow access to online databases using designated stations. We can refer you to nearby facilities (a public library or commercial operation) for other needs. We have guest WiFi access if you bring your own device.
- Because of licensing restrictions, some materials are for use by currently-registered FIT students and faculty only–no exceptions. These include forecasting and trend services (Doneger Creative Services, WGSN, etc.) and some market research studies (MRI, Mintel, etc).
- Alumni may only use materials in the Library–no borrowing.
- FIT databases are not available remotely for alumni.
Special Collections and College Archives (SPARC)
The appointment procedure for Special Collections & College Archives (SPARC) has not changed. SPARC has additional requirements for visiting.