Advance appointments to use the FIT Library are required for all visitors including FIT alumni/former students, industry and independent researchers, students, faculty,
and staff from other colleges and universities.Current FIT & SUNY students, faculty, and staff do not require appointments.
- Research & Instructional Services (to ask questions about library materials and/or using the FIT Library) 212 217.4400
All potential FIT Library visitors (other than for SPARC or Historical Forecast Archive, see below) must use our online research appointment request form. We do not accept appointments by phone.
- Special Collections & College Archives (SPARC) has its own requirements and procedures for visiting --Details and contact information
- Historical Forecast Archive: Unavailable temporarily from June 1, 2017 through August 30, 2017 .More details
Interested researchers (including FIT students and employees) should email email@example.com to schedule an appointment. These appointment requests will be confirmed within 48 hours. More details
- Access Policy & Library Hours (Recorded Message) - 212 217.4340
- Always check the calendar on this page before submitting a request to see if the Library will be open the day(s) you are
requesting. Visitor hours are more limited than general library hours.
- Please allow 24 hours to receive a response, or longer if submitted when the Library
is closed (check our schedule)
- We do not make same-day appointments
- Appointments will be considered as if submitted the following day if they don't meet
-Wednesday August 16: 4pm (for appointments Friday 8/18)
-Thursday August 17, 2017: LIBRARY CLOSED. No appointments available for that day, and appointment requests will not be reviewed that day. Requests for Friday August 18 appointments must be received by 4pm on Wednesday August 16th to be considered.
-Friday August 18 : 4pm
Fall semester deadlines (beginning Saturday August 19, 2017):
Monday - Thursday : 9pm
Friday - Saturday: 6:30 pm
- Deadlines subject to change without notice due to holidays, special events or situations.
- Undergraduate and graduate students at other local/regional colleges/universities (except SUNY) should contact librarians at their own institution first. A METRO (Metropolitan New York Library Council) referral card from your school's librarian may be required in addition to requesting an appointment.
- We do not make appointments for students at high school level or below.
More important-to-know information at Visit the Library FAQ