The Presidential Scholars program is open to all majors and gives you an opportunity to interact with your peers from around the globe who are pursuing different career paths. The students in the program participate in:
- Specially Designed Honors Liberal Arts Courses: From Creative Imagination: Theory and Process to History of New York Architecture to Politics in the Middle East, these one-semester courses stimulate your mind and creativity.
- Monthly Colloquia Series: Speakers at the monthly dinner colloquia have included an expert on immigration discussing the city's changing demographics, opera singers from the New York City Opera, and a director presenting her Academy Award winning documentary film.
- Freshmen Retreat: Every fall, freshmen honors students participate in a fun-filled retreat, which includes team building activities and explorations of NY neighborhoods.
- Senior Seminar: The Presidential Scholars Senior Seminar provides students an opportunity to explore topics of their choosing in a culminating academic project. Students will narrow topics, develop research questions, employ research methods, and produce a thesis/creative project with an accompanying presentation of their findings.
- Extracurricular Activities: Select from a range of cultural activities. See a Broadway show, go to the ballet, or follow in the steps of Edith Wharton on a walking tour of Greenwich Village.
- Community Service Activities: Students take part in one community service activity per semester. Volunteer at a soup kitchen, work on craft projects with young mothers and their children, or garden in Riverside Park, or select your own community service.