Program learning outcomes are statements by faculty members that describe the most important things students will know and be able to do when they graduate from a program.
Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree
Upon graduating from the Fabric Styling BFA program, students will be able to:
- trend forecast with proficiency;
- construct professional trend presentation boards for a potential client’s needs;
- research trends and use critical thinking to determine future style direction in both home furnishing and apparel fashion forecasting;
- identify and analyze new forecasting trends from publications and cultural events;
- research historical periods and translate this research into current trends;
- communicate ideas clearly in both written and oral form;
- work collaboratively as part of an organization in a professional manner with clients;
- understand and adhere to deadlines;
- use computer technology with ease and evaluate future innovative software for clients in the creation of forecasts and boards; and
- demonstrate knowledge of current and innovative manufacturing technology and processes in the field of fabric styling.