Attend Information Sessions and Submit Your Data Form:
Tuesday, July 24 – Tuesday, August 21, 2018
Starting August 2018, a tentative list of available courses, pending an available seat at the time of Senior Learners registration, will be available at: www.fitnyc.edu/seniors.
For students who did not take a course in Spring 2018:
Bring your Senior Learners Data Form (enclosed) to one of the information sessions below to submit your documents, learn about the program, and ask questions. Senior Learners who are new to the program are strongly encouraged to attend one of the information sessions. Please note that there is no benefit to attending an earlier information session, so come at your convenience.
Information Sessions are at 12:00pm in Seminar Room 9 (Conference Center, Lower Level)
- Tuesday, July 24, 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
- Thursday, July 26, 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
- Tuesday, July 31, 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
- Thursday, August 2, 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
- Tuesday, August 7, 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
- Thursday, August 9, 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
- Tuesday, August 14, 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
- Thursday, August 16 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
- Tuesday, August 21, 12:00 pm-1:00
Required Documents: Please bring copies of the following as proof of New York State residency. All documents must indicate New York State home address. Please note: U.S. Passports do not qualify as proof of New York State residency.
- One government issued photo identification is required (NYS driver’s license/NYS non-driver’s license or New York City ID card
- In addition, bring any two of the following:
- Any document issued by New York state or county, city or the federal government
- New York voter precinct card showing home address
- Military orders/documents
- Utility bill or cable bill (not more than 60 days old)
- Housing lease or contract, mortgage statement, property or income tax statement
- Pre-printed financial statement, e.g., bank statement showing home address (not more than 60 days old)
- New York State vehicle registration card or title
- New York State vehicle insurance policy
- Letter from homeless shelter or proof of unemployment
For students registered and took a course during the Spring 2018 semester:
You do not need to submit the Data Form. Feel free to visit us during our open hours for Senior Learners. Our staff will be available at these times to assist with course selection, explain the registration process, and answer questions.
- Open Hours: Wednesdays, 2:00-3:00 pm on July 24; August 1, 8, 15 and 22
Center for Continuing and Professional Studies
Conference Center, Lower Level (GHC-21)
212-217-3334 (Press Option 2)
Course Selection Form and Registration
On Friday, August 31, 2018, come to the Conference Center, John E. Reeves Great Hall (entrance on 28th Street just west of Seventh Avenue) at 9:00am to submit your completed Course Selection Form and register for one of the courses you have selected. Participants may register to audit one credit-bearing course per semester, subject to the availability of a seat in the class.)
So that we can process registrations quickly, please visit us in advance to have your questions answered at an Information Session or during Open Hours. Please have your Course Selection Form completed before you arrive for registration.
Registration is ONLY on Friday, August 31, 2018, from 9:00am to 1:00pm and is on a first-come,
- Dates: Fall 2018 semester dates are Monday, August 27, 2018 through Thursday, December 20, 2018. Senior Learners will begin their classes the week after add/drop. Senior Learners start date is Tuesday, September 4, 2018, unless you have registered for a late afternoon/evening course on Friday, August 31 or a weekend course starting on Saturday, September 1 or Sunday, September 2, 2018. This timing ensures that courses for matriculated students are prioritized.
- Pre- and Co-requisites: Some Liberal Arts courses, including language courses, have prerequisites and require completion of a specific course or courses prior to enrolling. If you are taking a course that requires a pre-requisite, you MUST have taken the pre-requisite courses previously or have a signed waiver from the department representative allowing you into the course. You can obtain a waiver on February 2nd at the Senior Learners registration event. A representative will be at the “Modern Languages” table to assist you. To request a waiver in advance of the event, contact the Liberal Arts department directly (fitnyc.edu/liberal-arts). If the waiver is granted, present a printed copy of the waiver approval at the time of registration.
- Day vs. Evening Sections: The School of Liberal Arts offers many course selections for auditors during the day. The Schools of Art and Design and Business and Technology offer courses for auditors in the evening.
- Online Courses: Online (OL) and blended learning (BL) sections of courses are not available for Senior Learners.
- Cost and Payment: The cost is $55 for Senior Learners to audit a course offered by the Schools of
Liberal Arts, Art and Design, or Business and Technology. The cost is $50 for computer
training courses for seniors (CTS courses only) offered by Enterprise Studies and Digital Design. Payment is by check, money order
or credit card. We cannot accept cash. The registration fee is not refundable, and no changes may be made after initial course selection. We are encouraging
all Senior Learners to pay by check or money order, payable to “FIT”. This will alleviate
the long payment lines at registration.