Attend Information Sessions and Submit Your Data Form:
Tuesday, December 12, 2017 – Thursday, January 25, 2018
Starting January 2018, a tentative list of available courses, pending an available seat at the time of Senior Learners registration, will be available at: www.fitnyc.edu/seniors.
For students who did not take a course in Fall 2017:
Bring your Senior Learners Data Form (enclosed) to one of the information sessions below to submit your documents, learn about the program, and ask questions. Senior Learners who are new to the program are strongly encouraged to attend one of the information sessions. Please note that there is no benefit to attending an earlier information session, so come at your convenience.
Information Sessions are at 12:00pm in Seminar Room 9 (Conference Center, Lower Level)
- Tuesday, December 12, 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
- Thursday, December 14, 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
- Tuesday, January 2, 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
- Thursday, January 4, 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
- Tuesday, January 9, 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
- Thursday, January 11, 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
- Tuesday, January 16, 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
- Thursday, January 18 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
- Tuesday, January 23, 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
- Thursday, January 25 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
Required Documents: Please bring copies of the following as proof of New York State residency. All documents must indicate New York State home address. Please note, U.S. Passports do not qualify as proof of New York State residency.
- One government issued photo identification is required (NYS driver’s license/NYS non-driver’s license or New York City ID card
- In addition, bring any two of the following:
- Any document issued by New York state or county, city or the federal government
- New York voter precinct card showing home address
- Military orders/documents
- Utility bill or cable bill (not more than 60 days old)
- Housing lease or contract, mortgage statement, property or income tax statement
- Pre-printed financial statement, e.g., bank statement showing home address (not more than 60 days old)
- New York vehicle registration card or title
- New York vehicle insurance policy
- Letter from homeless shelter or proof of unemployment
For students registered and took a course during the Fall 2017 semester:
You do not need to submit the Data Form. Feel free to visit us during our open hours for Senior Learners. Our staff will be available at these times to assist with course selection, explain the registration process, and answer questions.
Open Hours: Wednesdays, 2:00-3:00 pm on December 13 and 20; January 3, 10, 17 and 24
Center for Continuing and Professional Studies
Conference Center, Lower Level (GHC-21)
212-217-3334 (Press Option 2)
Course Selection Form and Registration
On Friday, February 2, 2018, come to the Conference Center, John E. Reeves Great Hall (entrance on 28th Street just west of Seventh Avenue) at 9:00am to submit your completed Course Selection Form and register for one of the courses you have selected. (Please note that participants may register to audit one credit-bearing course per semester, subject to the availability of a seat in the class.)
So that we can process registrations quickly, please visit us in advance to have your questions answered at an Information Session or during Open Hours. Please have your Course Selection Form completed before you arrive for registration.
Registration is ONLY on Friday, February 2, 2018, from 9:00am to 1:00pm and is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Dates: Spring 2018 semester dates are Monday, January 29, 2018 through Wednesday, May 23, 2018. Senior Learners will begin their classes the week after add/drop. Senior Learners start date is Monday, February 5, 2018, unless you have registered for a late afternoon/evening course on February 2 or a weekend course starting on February 3 or 4, 2018. This timing ensures that courses for matriculated students are prioritized.
- Pre- and Co-requisites: Some Liberal Arts courses, including language courses, have prerequisites and require completion of a specific course or courses prior to enrolling. If you are taking a course that requires a pre-requisite, you MUST have taken the pre-requisite courses previously or have a signed waiver from the department representative allowing you into the course. You can obtain a waiver on February 2nd at the Senior Learners registration event. A representative will be at the “Modern Languages” table to assist you. To request a waiver in advance of the event, contact the Liberal Arts department directly (www.fitnyc.edu/liberal-arts). If the waiver is granted, present a printed copy of the waiver approval at the time of registration.
- Day vs. Evening Sections: The School of Liberal Arts offers many course selections for auditors during the day. The Schools of Art and Design and Business and Technology offer courses for auditors in the evening.
- Online Courses: Online (OL) and blended learning (BL) sections of courses are not available for Senior Learners.
- Cost and Payment: The cost is $55 for Senior Learners to audit a course offered by the Schools of
Liberal Arts, Art and Design, or Business and Technology. The cost is $50 for computer
training courses for seniors (CTS courses only) offered by Enterprise Studies and
Digital Design. Payment is by check, money order or credit card. We cannot accept
cash. The registration fee is not refundable, and no changes may be made after initial
course selection. We are encouraging all Senior Learners to pay by check or money
order, payable to “FIT”. This will alleviate the long payment lines at registration.