Upcoming Dates: Fall 2016 TBA
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT US AT 212. 217.7715 OR INQUIRE HERE
Spend SEVEN days immersed in the world of consumer insights and behavior featuring
the expertise of international consumer shopping authority Paco Underhill and Envirosell
consumer behavior specialists.
- Learn the fundamental principles of successful selling environments, including in-store, online, across the entire path to purchase.
- Gain insight into the effects of commercial space on human behavior as well as the use of Shopper Insights information for improved decision-making.
- Learn fail proof consumer information tracking and consumer observation methods.
- Discover strategies for changing how consumers view your organization be it “bricks or clicks” or both.
- Develop a final Qualitative Store Assessment & Competitive Review project that will be an asset to your professional portfolio.
- Earn an FIT/SUNY Professional Development Certificate.
Lessons include lecture, round table discussion and guided observations in the field including hot NYC shopping districts, a leading metro-area shopping center, and key retail stores.
Who should attend: Career builders with a strong interest and/or exposure to branding, retailing, store
design, and consumer psychology.
Proficiency in use of PowerPoint and Excel is required.
Paco Underhill, Founder and Managing Director, Envirosell
Tom Moseman, Senior Vice President, Envirosell
Diana Dawson, Vice President of Consulting, Envirosell
Liam O'Connell, Project Director, Envirosell
Gustavo Gomez, Director or Research & Methodology, Envirosell
Deborah Geiger, Director of Content, Envirosell
Craig Childress, Chief Operating Officer, Envirosell
Brett Barndt, Director of Client Service & Business Development, Envirosell
Williamsburg Field Visit: Trina Morris, publicist, Style Root PR, Cool New York Trend Talk and Tours specialist, Professional Studies, FIT
Program Facilitator: Andrea Moore, Instructor, Professional Studies, FIT
Video clip with Paco Underhill
- FIT is located at 7th Avenue and W 27th Street.
- HOTEL ACCOMODATIONS - For a chic Chelsea experience and quick access to FIT we recommend Cambria hotels and suites, mention that you are attending The Science of Shopping program at FIT. Additional hotels also offering FIT Preferred rates. We also recommend that you book rooms as soon as you can in May.
- Attendees meet on the first morning in the Pomerantz Lobby (7th and 27th Street corner).
- Layered business casual attire is appropriate with sensible walking shoes and possible need of boots, scarves, hats, gloves.
- Program includes 1st day coffee services, bottled water, 3 lunches, 1 closing ceremony, and private bus.
- Attendees should invest in a weekly metro card, good for subway and buses.