Health and Safety
- Face masks—properly covering both the mouth and the nose—are required for everyone while in FIT buildings, including 236 West 27th Street and 333 Seventh Avenue. The exception is when you are in an office alone (for employees) or residence hall (for students) or when you are eating and drinking.
- Public Safety will provide a disposable mask to employees, students, contractors, vendors, and any visitors who may arrive on campus without a mask.
- If an individual refuses to wear a mask after being provided with one, or if they are already in campus buildings but are not wearing a mask (and are not eating, drinking, or alone), Public Safety can be called to escort the individual off campus.
Vaccinations and Boosters
- Per New York State mandate, all students are required to be vaccinated and have a booster shot against COVID-19 in order to attend in-person classes and continue their enrollment at FIT. Students taking in-person classes who fail to follow the booster and vaccine mandate will be subject to potential academic withdrawal that could also impact their financial aid and might not be eligible for refunds for their courses. Details on boosters and vaccinations on our Vaccinations page.
- If you have yet to upload your proof of booster shot to FIT Health Services, please do so through the Health Services portal before the start of the spring 2022 semester.
- Moderna COVID-19 vaccines and boosters are available on campus. Log in to the FIT Health Services portal or call Health Services at (212) 217-4190 to schedule an appointment. See details on our Vaccinations page.
- Free flu shots are also available to the FIT community. Log in to the FIT Health Services portal or call Health Services at (212) 217-4190 to schedule an appointment.
- More questions? Check out our FAQ About Mandated Vaccine Boosters and Testing for answers.
Testing, Reporting, Tracing
- For the Spring 2022 semester: All students and employees are required to submit a negative PCR test to the FIT Health Services portal taken within 72 hours of returning to campus. If the PCR test result is delayed and unavailable before your scheduled return, upload a photo to the portal showing a negative rapid test as a placeholder. A rapid test may be taken at home or at a facility. Upload the negative PCR test results upon receipt. Details can be found on the COVID-19 Testing page.
- In accordance with a SUNY mandate, weekly coronavirus testing is required of all unvaccinated employees. Details can be found on the COVID-19 Testing page.
- To be exempt from weekly testing, fully vaccinated employees must upload their vaccination records to the FIT Health Services portal. Visit our Vaccinations page for details.
- If you have been diagnosed with or have been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, contact FIT Health Services via the portal or call Health Services at (212) 217-4190.
- Use the SUNY COVID-19 Tracker to see coronavirus statistics for all SUNY campuses, including FIT.
Cleaning and Ventilation
FIT meets and exceeds all ventilation standards and is thoroughly cleaned on a daily basis in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the State of New York, and SUNY.
COVID-19 Symptoms on Campus
It is important that we promptly identify and isolate you if you are experiencing symptoms that may be COVID-19 related.
What Happens If Someone Tests Positive?
Students experiencing challenging issues that prevent them from returning to campus, including health and mental health conditions, vulnerable family members who may be affected because of living arrangements, and other issues that they self-report, can contact the Dean of Students for assistance with appropriate referrals for accommodative services.
In-person, phone, and virtual counseling sessions are available for our students.
FIT employees can contact Human Resources for work and benefit information.