Important Information Regarding Credit Card Payments
FIT has contracted with a third party company to manage all on-line credit card payments for tuition, dormitory and other college related costs.
Effective July 17, 2018 FIT will no longer accept in-person, mail or fax credit/debit card payments.
FIT will continue to accept in-person payments in the form cash, checks at no additional cost. If you choose to use a credit card for any of these expenses you will have to pay the servicer a non-refundable convenience fee of 2.85% for each credit card transaction. There will be no charge for online payments using your checking or savings account.
The Office of the Bursar does not send bills by U.S. mail. Your billing invoice is
available to view and print through the Student Bill Payment
website. When your semester bill is ready to be viewed online an email will be sent to your FIT email address or alternate email or text
message. Visit the Student Bill Payment website to set up your alternate email address and opt into text messaging.
Tuition and dormitory payment due dates are determined in advance and may vary from one academic year to the next. The Fall semester's
payment is generally due on or about August 1st. The Spring semester's payment is generally due on or about January 2nd. Students who register after the payment due date will be required to make payment in full upon registration.
Payment Due Dates
|Summer 2020||May 11, 2020|
|Fall 2020||August 12, 2020|
|Winter 2020||December 1, 2020|
|Spring 2021||January 4, 2021|
Students who are awarded aid may deduct the total amount awarded from their semester charges. Official acceptance of your financial aid award may be required before your financial aid payments reflect on your student account. Please see ACCEPTING AWARDS for additional information.
Ways to Pay Your Bill
- Payments are made online through our secure Student Bill Payment website with your credit or debit cards or your personal checking or savings account.
- Accepted credit cards: American Express, MasterCard, Visa, and Discover. Credit and Debit Card payments will be assessed a non-refundable convenience fee of 2.85 % per transaction.
- Accepted credit cards: American Express, MasterCard, Visa, and Discover.
- Electronic check payments (ACH) from any U.S. banks with a valid checking or savings accounts. There is no additional charge for ACH payments.
- Checks issued from bank credit cards, lines of credit, Home Equity loan checks, or other non checking accounts will be returned for non-payment.
- Your student account will be charged an additional $30.00 returned check fee.
Fashion Institute of Technology has partnered with Flywire to provide international students with an easy and secure method to make international payments. As the leading payments processor for educational institutions all over the world, Flywire delivers students’ tuition payments quickly, easily, and securely.
With Flywire you can:
- Track your payments from start to finish
- Make payments in more than 140 currencies, online and from banks worldwide
- Save on bank fees and exchange rates
- Enjoy peace of mind with dedicated multilingual customer support
- Ensure accurate and timely posting of your payment to your student account
To ensure that your student's account is properly credited in a timely and expedient fashion, please click the following link to initiate your payment www.fitnyc.flywire.com
Please note: Flywire is the only international payments partner authorized to process international payments on behalf of the Fashion Institute of Technology.
Paying by Mail
- Print your student billing invoice from the Bill Payment website. Cut off the bottom portion of the invoice and mail it with your payment to the address indicated on the form. If you are unable to print your invoice, simply mail in your check and include your Student ID number on the front of your check.
- Mail your payment to:
- Bursar's Office - Cashiering Operations
Business and Liberal Arts Center, Room B127
227 West 27th Street
New York, NY 10001-5992
- Bursar's Office - Cashiering Operations
- Please allow up to 10 business days to process your payment.
- Returned checks will be charged a return check fee of $30.00.
- Students' accounts incurring more that one returned check may be restricted from making payments by this method.
Paying in Person
- In-person payments can be made in the Bursar's Cashiering Office located in room B127 in the Business and Liberal Arts Center.
- Hours of Operation are:
|Monday||9:00 am–7:00 pm|
|Tuesday||9:00 am–5:00 pm|
|Wednesday||9:00 am–5:00 pm|
|Thursday||9:00 am–7:00 pm|
|Friday||9:00 am–5:00 pm|
- For your convenience a payment drop box is available after regular business hours.
Non-Payment of Tuition and Fees
- If you have not satisfied your financial obligations by the published tuition due date, except for certified financial aid or enrollment in the semester Payment Plan, you may be de-registered and all your classes dropped.
- If you are de-registered and wish to re-enroll in your courses a late registration and program change fees may be assessed.
- You are not guaranteed class availability if you need to re-register for courses.
- A late payment fee of 1.5% will be assessed per month on your outstanding balances.
- A hold will be placed on your student account which will prevent you from registering for future classes, sending transcripts or receiving other services from the college.
- Outstanding balances may be referred to a licensed collection agency at the end of the term and collection fees may be added to the balance.
- If legal action becomes necessary, litigation and all court costs will be your responsibility to pay.
Note: A stop payment on a check is not considered an official withdrawal from the college. If you cancel or stop payment on a check for non-attendance, you will be charged a $30.00 returned check fee. Subsequently you will also be responsible for making payment for the courses in which you were enrolled. If you want to withdraw from the college, please follow the proper procedures. See Withdrawing from the College.
Questions or Comments
If you have questions about making payments to your billing account please send an email to [email protected]. You may also call the Bursar's Cashiering Office at 212 217.3680 or the Bursar's Administrative Office at 212 217.3720.