Updated April 3, 2020 at 9:03 am
Information is rapidly developing; we are monitoring the situation and updating this page regularly.
With the health and safety of our community in mind, FIT continues to follow the situation caused by the coronavirus.
- The 2020 commencement ceremonies have been postponed. For more information, read President Brown's message.
For details on the information below, please click on the button for Students or Staff and Faculty.
- All classes have moved to online instruction for the spring semester.
- All study abroad programs for summer 2020 have been cancelled.
- On-site credit-bearing internships have ended. If an internship sponsor and student agree to continue the credit-bearing internship remotely, FIT will support such decisions. Details on the student information page.
- Precollege and Senior Learners cancelled through end of spring semester.
On March 17, FIT was notified that a member of the community was confirmed to have COVID-19. The person was last on campus on March 12, and those who are known to have been in close contact with the individual have been contacted. Since then, five other individuals were confirmed to have COVID-19 and, unfortunately, another member of the community passed away. Those who are known to have been in close contact with these individuals have been contacted.
RESIDENCE HALL INFORMATION
- Except for those with approved extensions, all students have moved out of the residence halls for the rest of the semester.
- The bookstore is no longer open; online orders will be accepted, but deliveries may take significantly longer than usual.
- Academic support units move have moved to remote operations.
- Employees are to work remotely through remainder of semester.
- Essential college personnel will report as required.
FACILITIES AND CAMPUS INFORMATION
- Spring break, scheduled from April 6 to 12, will be held as planned.
- Open labs and studios are closed.
- The Gladys Marcus Library is closed but continues to offer online resources and support.
- The Museum at FIT is closed and all programming cancelled until further notice.
- All on-campus FIT-sponsored events and facilities rentals are cancelled for the remainder of the spring semester.
- Campus buildings are open with limited hours each day to allow the community to access lockers and offices; see full list of hours and details on the student and staff/faculty pages.
- Information sessions and campus tours are suspended until further notice.
- All official FIT-sponsored travel, both international and domestic, is suspended for spring and summer 2020 semesters for students, faculty, and staff.
Please consult the websites of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, your state and city health departments, and your trusted media outlets for information relevant to national, state, and local developments.