The Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund II (HEERF II) is authorized by the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021 (CRRSAA), Public Law 116-260, signed into law on Dec. 27, 2020.
The Fashion Institute of Technology has received or will receive $3,517,700.00 from the Department of Education pursuant to the Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
HEERF II Student Aid funds should be used by eligible students for any components of the student’s cost of attendance or for emergency costs that arise due to coronavirus, such as tuition, food, housing, health care (including mental health care) and/or child care.
Eligible students are those who have already filed the 2020/2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and met other SUNY/Federally mandated criteria including the following:
- Student must have been an eligible degree-seeking undergraduate or graduate student registered in coursework on or after the census date for the award term spring 2021 to be considered for the HEERF II funds.
- No student can be eligible for the HEERF II/CRRSAA Grant before the census date for the award term of the HEERF II Funds.
- A student must have an EFC below the Pell threshold (EFC < = 5,711 for 2020-2021 Financial Aid year) as determined by a FAFSA on file with FIT for the award term of the HEERF II/CRRSAA. For FAFSAs selected for verification, the Pell-eligible EFC must be verified prior to notification and disbursement, if the verification group can change the EFC.
- Award amounts are based on a four-tier EFC system defined by SUNY as, EFC Range 0 -1500, EFC Range 1501- ,2900, EFC Range 2901- 4300, and EFC Range 4301-5711.
- A student must satisfy all Title IV financial aid eligibility criteria that are required to generate a valid EFC from their 2020/2021 FAFSA (i.e., non-rejected FAFSA) and a student’s FAFSA C-flags for citizenship must be cleared (if exists). You may determine what your EFC is by logging into your FAFSA at fafsa.gov.
Eligible students for a HEERF II/CRRSAA Grant will automatically be notified by the FIT Financial Aid Services Office via their FIT email address.
DACA and international students are not eligible to receive HEERF II/CRRSAA Grant funds.
Students may not appeal for additional grants from the HEERF II/CRRSAA Grant fund.
Contact [email protected] if you have questions about the HEERF II/CRRSAA Grant.