Below is important information regarding commencement ceremonies and event logistics.
- 9 am - graduates are required to arrive at Arthur Ashe stadium
- 9:30 am - persons participating in the procession are scheduled to arrive
- 9:30 am - doors open for guests
- 10:30 am - ceremony begins
Academic regalia—the traditional cap, gown, and tassel—is required attire for everyone participating in commencement exercises. Faculty and administrators can rent their regalia through Barnes & Noble at FIT at the following rates:
|Bachelor's gown, hood, cap, and tassel||$89.00|
|Master's gown, hood, cap, and tassel||$96.00|
|Doctoral gown, hood, cap, and tassel||$106.00|
* Rental prices include a $20 refundable deposit.
You must order your academic attire from April 6 - 20 to ensure on time delivery. To order, visit Barnes & Noble at FIT in person or call 212 217.5690.
Faculty and administrators may pick up attire May 9 - 13 at Barnes & Noble at FIT.
Platform Party Reservations
As a member of the platform party, you must reserve your place to have your name added to the VIP entrance list. On commencement day, use the VIP entrance to enter the venue. To reserve your seat, please visit: Platform Reservations