If you are a high school student
You may not apply directly to the bachelor's degree program. High school students should apply to a two-year Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree program and after completing that degree apply to the two-year bachelor's program.
If you have an AAS from FIT
You may apply to the bachelor's degree program. Depending on your major, you may have to take the prerequisites below.
If you have credits or a degree from another college
You may apply to the two-year Cosmetics and Fragrance Marketing BS program as a transfer student if you meet one of the following criteria by the time you enroll at FIT:
- you will have an associate or bachelor's degree from a regionally- accredited college in a program that is equivalent to any FIT AAS program, including the required liberal arts coursework. This is a guideline; graduates in other areas may also be considered if the prerequisites below have been completed.
- you will have earned at least 60 credits toward a bachelor's degree in an equivalent or related program at a regionally-accredited college, including the liberal arts coursework required for an FIT AAS degree. This is a guideline; students majoring in other areas may also be considered if the prerequisites below have been completed.
A college program is equivalent if it contains the same major area and liberal arts distribution as FIT AAS programs. Applicants who do not meet the above criteria must apply to an FIT AAS program.
The following must be completed prior to entering the program:
- MG 153 Excel for Business or equivalent OR AC 161 Multimedia Computing for Advertising and Marketing Communications or equivalent
the second semester of the BS program (semester six).
- SS 141 Macroeconomics or equivalent
- SC 146 Basic Chemistry for Cosmetics and Fragrances and SC 046 Lab
NOTE: All applicants must take the FIT math placement test prior to enrolling in the first semester of the bachelor’s program.
Please also note that FIT AAS students receive priority admissions consideration.