Policy No: RC002
The Fashion Institute of Technology’s Institutional Review Board (FIT-IRB) reviews research that will be conducted by FIT faculty, students, staff, auxiliaries, and affiliates with the goal of safeguarding the health, safety, dignity, and general welfare of human participants in that research. The FIT-IRB is responsible for upholding the norms of acceptable research practice set forth by applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
Who is Affected by This Policy
- All members of the FIT community (i.e., faculty, staff, students, and affiliates) who plan to conduct or participate in research involving human subjects.
- Responsible Administrator: Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Responsible Office: Academic Affairs
- Implementation History: Issued August 2018
- Contact(s): Academic Affairs; Chairperson of the FIT-IRB; Office for Human Research Protections
View Official Policy
[RC002, Institutional Review Board (.pdf)]
*This PDF document is the official version of this policy.