Policy No. IT012
This policy establishes email as one of FIT’s official means of communication and outlines the acceptable and unacceptable use of email by FIT Email Account Holders. It also defines obligations of the Division of Information Technology to protect, support and minimize disruption to email services. Guidelines adopted by a division or department to meet specific academic or administrative needs must comply with this policy and with policies on the use of FIT information technology resources established by the Division of Information Technology as specified in the policy.
Who Should Read This Policy
- Any individual applying for or granted an FIT Email Account (including but not limited to FIT employees, faculty, current students, alumni, and retirees).
- Responsible Administrator(s): Vice President for Information Technology/CIO
- Responsible Office(s): Office of the Vice President for Information Technology/CIO
- Implementation History: Issued February 2015; Updated July 2018
- Contacts: Vice President for Information Technology/CIO
View Official Policy
IT012, Email (.pdf)
*This PDF document is the official version of this policy.