Policy No. HR027
The Fashion Institute of Technology (the college or FIT) is committed to the prevention of workplace violence. All FIT employees are responsible for helping to create an environment of mutual respect and for assisting in maintaining a safe and secure work environment. They are expected to participate in the annual Workplace Violence Prevention Training Program, which is designed to prevent and minimize the hazards of workplace violence to employees. If such conduct occurs, the College will respond promptly to any threats and/or acts of violence. Incidents involving workplace violence will be given the serious attention they deserve.
The process involved in complying with this law includes a workplace evaluation designed to identify workplace violence hazards that FIT employees could be exposed to and recommends methods to reduce or eliminate workplace violence hazards. Reports of workplace incidents will be used to review the effectiveness of the actions taken to mitigate workplace violence. Information and training on workplace violence will be provided to all employees upon hire and annually thereafter.
Who Should Read This Policy
- All FIT employees—faculty, administrators, and staff
- Responsible Administrator(s): Vice President for Human Resources
- Responsible Office(s): Human Resource Management and Labor Relations
- Implementation History: Issued July 2015
- Contact(s): Vice President for Human Resources, Assistant Vice President for Administration and Director of Public Safety
View Official Policy
HR027, Workplace Violence Prevention (.pdf)
This PDF document is the official version of this policy.