Policy No. EM003
The Fashion Institute of Technology (“FIT” or “the College”) encourages the development of independence, maturity, and ethical sensitivity of students. To achieve its purpose, the Fashion Institute of Technology expects students to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with their respective positions within the academic community and comply with the directions of employees who are acting in the performance of their duties. In particular, students are expected to refrain from conduct that threatens or endangers the health, safety, and welfare of their community.
All members of the FIT community have an obligation to support and obey College regulations, and all federal, state and local laws. Those who do not comply will be subject to disciplinary action by the College and, where applicable, may face action by federal, local, and/or state authorities.
WHO SHOULD READ THIS POLICY
- All members of the FIT community – students, faculty, administrators, and staff,
consultants, contractors and third parties
- Responsible Administrators: Vice President for Enrollment and Student Success and Dean of Students
- Responsible Offices: Enrollment Management and Student Success
- Implementation History: Last Updated July 2017
- Contact: Office of Enrollment Management and Student Success
View Official Policy
EM003, Code of Student Conduct (.pdf)
*This PDF document is the official version of this policy.