Policy No: AA015
As part of the Fashion Institute of Technology’s commitment to providing the best educational experience possible for students, the College has set clear procedures and guidelines to assign appropriate number of credit hours per course based on the criteria set forth in this policy.
FIT’s four academic schools operate under a semester credit hour system. FIT’s Assignment of Credit Hour Policy codifies practice across FIT’s schools regarding course credit hours and out-of-class student work in accordance with federal, state, and accreditation guidelines.
Who Should Read This Policy
- Faculty members
- Department Chairpersons
- Academic School Deans
- College-Wide Curriculum Committee
- Office of Registrar
- Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness
- Office of Academic Affairs
- Responsible Administrator(s): Vice President for Academic Affairs and Director of Records and Registration
- Responsible Office(s): Academic Affairs and Office of the Registrar
- Dates: Issued July 2016
View Official Policy
AA015, Assignment of Credit Hours (.pdf)
*This PDF document is the official version of this policy.