The official withdrawal procedure applies to all full- and part-time degree students leaving the college and withdrawing from ALL classes. Complying with this procedure will ensure that your records are maintained in good order and will facilitate readmission to FIT or expedite sending transcripts to other schools.
Please review the official college policy on Tuition and Fee Refund.
To be withdrawn from FIT submit this Withdrawal Form (pdf) to the Registrar's Office in Feldman Center, Room C158. If unable to come in person, you may email the form to FIT_Registrar@fitnyc.edu from your FIT email address.
If withdrawing after the add/drop period (see Academic Calendar for semester dates), along with College Withdrawal Form you must include a Course Withdrawal Form for each course you are registered for. Each form must have the required signatures and last date of attendance. Your withdrawal from the College cannot be processed until all forms are received.
You will receive an email within two (2) business days verifying your successful withdrawal
from the college. If you do not receive an email, please call 212 217.3820.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- Withdrawing may result in partial or full tuition and fees liability and/or a reduction or cancellation of your financial aid such as PELL, TAP, Stafford Loans, etc. It is recommended you consult with a Financial Aid officer prior to withdrawing to learn how your enrollment affects your awards.
- College Withdrawals and Course Withdrawals will not be accepted after semester Withdrawal deadlines (see
for specific dates).
- You must satisfy any college related finances before leaving the college. If you have any outstanding balances, a Bursar hold will be placed on your account. Holds will prevent you from registering, sending/receiving transcripts, and other services from the college.
- Not attending class or stopping payment on a check is not considered an official withdrawal from the college and you will be responsible for all tuition liabilities.
- There will be a late payment fee of 1.5% assessed per month on all outstanding balances. Outstanding debts may be referred to a licensed collection agency and all collections fees may be added to the outstanding balance. If legal action becomes necessary, litigation and all court costs will be your responsibility to pay.
- International Students here on a Student Visa must visit the Office of International Student Services, Business & Liberal Arts Center, Room B103 before leaving the college.
- If applicable, contact Residential Life Office for Withdrawal and Refund Information.
- Students receiving Direct Loans or any type of financial aid, should contact the Financial Aid Office in Dubinsky Center Room A212a. Go to Financial Aid Withdrawals for more information.
- Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) students must visit the EOP office in Dubinsky Center, Room A470 to fill out an exit survey before leaving the college.
- Late registration and program change fees may be assessed if you want to re-enroll. You are not guaranteed class availability if you need to re-register for courses.
- You may be eligible for a full or partial refund depending on your withdrawal date. Go to Withdrawals and Refund Periods for more information.
- If you wish to return to matriculated college status, you must contact Admissions.