Selecting a Precollege course takes a bit of research on the student's part. Course
selection is based on your major of interest, abilities and weaknesses, overall passion
for the subject and availability. Choose a course you'll be excited about and one
that fits your schedule!
STEP 1: TIME COMMITMENT
Choose between 1-day Creative Career Seminars (HWE), 4-day Workshops (HSX, JSX) OR 10/11-day "LIVE" high school classes (HAC, HAD, HAR, HFA, etc...)
- "LIVE" classes for high school students that represent specific FIT majors. These 10/11 day asses are very popular among students preparing for art and design colleges and exploring FIT majors.
- WORKSHOPS focus on a specific set of skills or interests that may span several majors. These 4-day workshops are perfect for students who are hobbyists or are new to Precollege Programs.
- CREATIVE CAREERS 4-hour sessions invite students to peak into the career journey of industry professionals in their dream job. These 1-day seminars are a perfect way to explore creative career opportinituies for busy students.
STEP 2: AREA OF INTEREST
Choose from our many courses related to a specific major, or choose a class that focuses on a skill you'd like to develop.
- If you know which major you'd like to explore, click on the related link below to explore courses.
- If you do not have a major in mind, but have a topic you'd like to learn more about, let us help. You can call us at 212.217.4630 to speak to the Precollege team.
- Finally, when you know which class you want, visit: High School and Middle School Classes to access our online store.
- If you are working on a portfolio for one of FIT's majors, we recommend reviewing the portfolio requirements before enrolling in a Precollege class. Let us know if you need help at 212.217.4630.