Policy No: IT005
Consistent with the provisions of the New York State law, including the Internet Security and Privacy Act, the Freedom of Information Law, and the Personal Privacy Protection Law, this policy describes Fashion Institute of Technology's ("FIT" or "the college") privacy practices regarding information collected from the users of FIT websites and digitial properties. This policy describes what information is colleged and how that information is used and protected. It provides indivuduals who interact with FIT websites and digital properties an understanding of how FIT may collect, use, and store personal information. By using FIT websites and digital properties, users are consenting to the practices of FIT.
Who is Affected by This Policy
- The entire FIT community
- Individuals and businesses that use the FIT websites and digital properties
- Responsible Administrator: Vice President for Information Technoligy and CIO
- Responsible Office: Office of the Vice President for Information Technology and CIO
- Implementation History: Issued June 2017; Updated October 2018
- Contact(s): Vice President of Information Technology and CIO; Assistant Vice President for Information Technology and CISO
View Official Policy
IT005, Internet Privacy (.pdf)
*This PDF document is the official version of this policy.