FIT offers an Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Photography and Related Media and a Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in Photography and the Digital Image.
The two-year AAS curriculum teaches the basics, including:
- analog and digital still photography
- traditional black and white printing
- color theory with regard to photography
- digital post-production image processing and manipulation
- skills needed to create a professional portfolio and begin a career in photography
Many students go on to the two-year BFA program. The curriculum, which culminates in a multimedia thesis project, offers more intensive, multidisciplinary classes, focusing on:
- digital still and video image capture
- digital post-production techniques
- digital commercial printing
- digital video production and editing
- internship at a lifestyle or art magazine, ad agency, television studio, or with a prestigious photographer
Students may participate in a study abroad programs in Italy & Germany or India.