As of November 9, 2015, all requests for visitor appointments must be made through
our online form.
If you've received an appointment confirmation email, please check this list to make sure that you have one of the identification cards listed below as "acceptable" in order to be allowed into FIT campus buildings.
ACCEPTABLE ID: Must be 1) Current AND 2) Government-issued AND 3) Photo ID
○ Driver’s license (Any U.S. ; foreign OK if name, expiration & nature of ID is identifiable in English)
○ State issued non-driver ID
○ IDNYC or comparable from another city/state
○ NYC or other area Government Benefits ID
○ U.S. “Green Card” (permanent resident card)
○ U.S. Military ID
○ Passport (U.S. or foreign if name,expiration, and nature of ID is identifiable in English)
○ National Identity card (if name, expiration, and nature of ID is identifiable in English)
○ Others as we identify the category and if deemed acceptable by FIT security
○ College and high school students may use student photo ID if there is a date sticker or other way for us to see that it is valid.
NOT ACCEPTABLE ID:
○ Photocopies or digital format (e.g. photo on a smartphone) of any acceptable ID
○ Expired versions of any acceptable ID
○ Credit and debit cards
○ Work ID, unless government issued
○ Business cards
○ Public library cards
○ Gym or other membership cards
○ Anything else not on the acceptable list
Please call the Research Services Desk before your scheduled appointment at 212 217.4400 if you have any questions about whether your ID is acceptable or not. FIT Public Safety officers may refuse entry to anyone not presenting acceptable ID, even if they have a confirmed Library appointment.