1.Completed online application ($50 application fee)
- Develop an innovative bio that expresses who you are. It can be in a visual or written form (.pdf, .doc, .docx only).
- Resume (PDF)
- Written proposal of thesis study you plan to explore during your two years in the program. (250-750 words) (See examples of previous student topics)
- Two letters of recommendation. At the time you fill out your online application, you will be asked for the names and email addresses of the people who will write your recommendations. They will be contacted directly from the admit system and asked that the recommendation be submitted online.
After submitting your online application, you will receive an ID number within 2 weeks and an e-mail with instructions of how to upload your portfolio.
2. Upload your portfolio to Slideroom (please wait for email instructions before uploading)
- 20 pages max (PDF) of current work. Portfolio should be reflective of the process and how you work.
- 10 pages max (PDF) of visual narrative to support your proposed thesis study.
3. Official transcripts sent directly to the School of Graduate Studies at 227 West 27th Street, Room E315, NY, NY 10001. Unofficial PDF’s of transcripts can be uploaded to the online application. Foreign transcripts (non-USA) must be sent to the FIT Graduate School office through World Education Services (WES) or another approved NACES evaluation service. A PDF of the original foreign transcript can be uploaded to the online application, but an approved evaluation is required.
4. TOEFL/IELTSTest scores (for non-native speakers of English) sent directly to the School of Graduate Studies. Unofficial scores and reports can be uploaded to the online application. Applicants who received their baccalaureate degree from an institution where English was the primary language of instruction are exempt from this requirement.
Note: Select applicants may be asked to complete a small project in preparation for their interview.