The Center for Continuing & Professional Studies offers you the opportunity to take credit, non-degree courses at FIT with no formal application to the college required. The only requirements are 1) a high school diploma or its equivalent, and 2) the legal ability to take credit courses in the United States (ie, not on a tourist visa).
Registration Periods & Term Dates
Winter 2019 Courses
- Registration begins: November 1, 2018
- Term Dates: January 2 - January 18, 2019
Spring 2019 Courses
- Registration begins: November 19, 2018
- Term Dates: January 28 - May 22, 2019
(Course dates are based on the Academic Calendar for each term)
- Scroll down to “Credit Courses” on our course schedules page and select your area of interest.
- If you need course specific advisement or wish to waive a prerequisite (based on significant work/life experience), attend one of our Information Sessions or contact the department directly. Contact information is listed at the top of each course listing page.
- View Portfolio Development Recommendations for a list of recommended portfolio development courses, by department.
Step 1. Create or reactivate your FIT student account by completing the non-degree enrollment form (Required if you have never taken classes at FIT or one or more semesters has passed since you last attended as a non-degree student. Otherwise, skip to Step 2). Please allow two business days for your enrollment form to be processed and your login information for your MyFIT account to be generated.
If you are not a U.S. Citizen, review some important information for International Students.
Step 2. Enroll in your courses* through MyFIT. View step-by-step instructions for additional help.
*If you are taking an English, science or mathematics course, you may need to take a placement test before enrolling.
Paying Your Bill
- Tuition and fee payment deadlines are available on the Bursar's website.
- Prove your New York State Residency if you have lived in New York State for at least one year.
Starting Your Courses
Once you register, you can learn how to start your term with this checklist.
- If you wish to live in FIT housing, visit Residential Life.
- Summer Housing is available for a variety of individuals, including part-time and non-students.
- For fall and spring, housing options are more scarce, but may be available in limited numbers.
Applying to a Degree Program
- If you plan to take courses through Continuing Education and then apply to a degree program, learn how credits transfer from non-matriculated (non-degree) status to matriculated (degree) status
- If you plan to apply to a degree program, will be your point of contact