The Competency-Based Certificate program in Ladies Tailoring Techniques was developed
in response to the demand for classic quality apparel for women's tailored clothes.
The purpose of the program is to develop students' skills to a level of professionalism
in classically tailored suits and coats. Students prepare for positions as tailors
or tailor's assistants in sample rooms and custom tailoring shops. Projects range
from fundamental to more advanced skills and processes.
Skills and techniques developed in Ladies Tailoring may be transferred to other areas of fashion apparel. Upon successful completion of the program students will receive a Certificate of Competency in Ladies Tailoring Techniques. Students will be able to:
- Develop basic hand and machine skills as applied to ladies garment construction;
- Evaluate fabrics and their working properties;
- Select the proper trimmings and notions for skirt to be constructed;
- Perform fabric hand cutting procedures;
- Develop an awareness of quality ladies garment construction; and
- Complete a ladies tailored skirt.
Curriculum (10 credits)
TL 111 Ladies Tailoring I
TL 112 Ladies Tailoring II
TL 211 Ladies Tailoring III
TL 212 Ladies Tailoring IV
» View current course offerings
» Tuition & fees (multiply your tuition rate by the number of credits above)
» Request more information about this certificate program
Business and Liberal Arts Center, Room B719