Program learning outcomes are statements by faculty members that describe the most important things students will know and be able to do when they graduate from a program.
Master of Arts Degree
Upon graduating from the Art Market Studies MA program, students will be able to:
- locate a work of art in its historical context and determine its market position and value;
- communicate in spoken and written language appropriate to the particular audiences and circumstances;
- implement or work within key management systems appropriate to the small business environment of art galleries;
- analyze key marketing functions including advertising, promotion, events, sponsorship, publicity, public relations, and strategic alliances and determine the effective media mix to meet a business or situation’s needs;
- thoughtfully consider and utilize knowledge of the legal and ethical questions particular to art galleries, auction houses, museums, collectors and artists; and
- make considered plans and projections, based on a deep understanding of the workings of the art market, with regard to internal price fluctuations due to changes in the culture, as well as economic forces and the relationship to other markets.