"Faces and Places in Fashion" provides an opportunity to connect with the pulse of the fashion industry in an open and conversational setting.
"Faces & Places in Fashion" is a lecture series, class, and forum for prominent fashion professionals to discuss their trade, experience, and perspective on the business. We invite the general public to attend.
The lectures are held on Mondays from 4 - 5:00 p.m. in the Katie Murphy Amphitheater (corner of Seventh Avenue and 27th Street) in the Pomerantz Center. The course is taught by Professor Joshua Williams, MFA Global Fashion Management, FIT, whose experience includes work as a creative director, stylist, and producer.
Spring 2019 Lectures
- January 28, Course Introduction, Joshua Williams
- February 4, Gilles Montezin, Haute Couture / Bridal Designer
- February 11, Seph Skerritt, Founder, Proper Cloth
- February 18, No Class
- February 25, Jeff Wan, Founder, Jeff Wan
- March 4, Kira Craft, Professor, Fashion Activist
- March 11, John Anthony, Designer
- March 18, "Transition of Style" podcast with special guest TBA
- March 25, Kristin Savila, President, Joor
- April 1, No Class
- April 8, Darragah Dandurand, Creative Director
- April 15, No Class
- April 22, Speaker TBA
- April 29, Dani, Dani Threads
- May 6, Jude Connally Zimmerman, Founder/President, Jude Connally
- May 13, Fashion Service Network Panel Discussion
Schedule is subject to change. Guests are welcome and reservations are not necessary.