"Faces and Places in Fashion" provides an opportunity to connect with the pulse of the fashion industry in an open and conversational setting.
"Faces & Places in Fashion" is a lecture series, class, and forum for prominent fashion professionals to discuss their trade, experience, and perspective on the business. We invite the general public to attend.
The lectures are held on Mondays from 4 - 5:00 p.m. in the Katie Murphy Amphitheater (corner of Seventh Avenue and 27th Street) in the Pomerantz Center. The course is taught by Professor Joshua Williams, MFA Global Fashion Management, FIT, whose experience includes work as a creative director, stylist, and producer.
Spring 2018 Lectures
- January 29, Course Introduction, Joshua Williams
- February 5, Gilles Montezin, haute couture/bridal designer
- February 12, Jason Jobson and Christophe Poruny
- February 26, Natalie Zfat, social media influencer/expert
- March 5, Shaya Reiter, founder/CEO, International Inspirations
- March 12, Moran Amir, founder, Adornia
- March 19, Joshua Katcher, founder, Brave Gentleman
- April 2, Erich Soldat, owner, Soldat Textiles
- April 9, Meg Flather, “Home Shopping Diva”
- April 16, TBD
- April 23, TBD
- April 30, TBD
- May 7, TBD
- May 14, Fashion Service Network panel discussion
Schedule is subject to change. Guests are welcome and reservations are not necessary.