"Faces and Places in Fashion" provides an opportunity to connect with the pulse of the fashion industry in an open and conversational setting.
"Faces & Places in Fashion" is a lecture series, class, and forum for prominent fashion professionals to discuss their trade, experience, and perspective on the business. We invite the general public to attend.
The lectures are held on Mondays from 4pm - 5:30 pm typically in the Katie Murphy Amphitheater (corner of Seventh Avenue and 27th Street) in the Pomerantz Center. Please check social media for location updates. The course is taught by Professor Caroline Gordon from FIT, whose experience includes work as a buyer, merchandiser and sales leader.
Fall 2019 Lectures
- August 26, Course Introduction, Caroline Gordon
- September 2, No Class
- September 9, Justini Hung, Director of Consumer Insights, Ascena Retail Group
September 16, Aya Kanai, Chief Fashion Director, Cosmopolitan, Seventeen, Women’s Health,Redbook and Good Housekeeping
- September 23, Alison Hilzer, Head of Fashion Editorial Content, Walmart
- September 30, No Class
- October 7, Baldo LaRussa, Vice President of Retail, Jimmy Choo
- October 14, Meredith Epstein Goodman, Executive Director, Estee Lauder
- October 21, Chrissy Vaccaro, Designer, Children’s Apparel Network
- October 28th, Rachel Besso, Director of Merchandising & Retail, Versace
- November 4, Abby Feldman, Design Director of Fashion Jewelry, Macy’s INC
- November 11, TBA
- November 18th – David Hart, Creative Director & Owner, DAVID HART
- November 25, No Class
- December 2, TBA
- December 9, Fashion Services Network, Panelists
Schedule is subject to change. Guests are welcome and reservations are not necessary.