"Faces and Places in Fashion" provides an opportunity to connect with the pulse of the fashion industry in an open and conversational setting.
"Faces & Places in Fashion" is a lecture series, class, and forum for prominent fashion professionals to discuss their trade, experience, and perspective on the business. We invite the general public to attend.
The lectures are held on Mondays from 4 - 5:00 p.m. in the Katie Murphy Amphitheater (corner of Seventh Avenue and 27th Street) in the Pomerantz Center. The course is taught by Professor Joshua Williams, MFA Global Fashion Management, FIT, whose experience includes work as a creative director, stylist, and producer.
Fall 2018 Lectures
- September 17, Gilles Montezin, designer
- September 24,Taryn Hipwell, EcoDiva
- October 1, Erich Soldat, European Textiles
- October 8, Matthew Betcher, Allied Feather and Down
- October 15, Rob Smith, The Phluid Project
- October 22, Sylvia Heisel, Heisel Design Lab
- October 29, Mark Drew, photographer
- November 5, Susan Correa, Art & Eden
- November 12, Allysa Payne, Allysa Payne Beverly Hills
- November 19, No Class
- November 26, Jessica Applestein, Voice of Insiders
- December 3, Corinne Phillips, Transition of Style podcast
- December 10, Fashion Service Network panel
- December 17, No Class
Schedule is subject to change. Guests are welcome and reservations are not necessary.