"Faces and Places in Fashion" provides an opportunity to connect with the pulse of the fashion industry in an open and conversational setting.
"Faces & Places in Fashion" is a lecture series, class, and forum for prominent fashion
professionals to discuss their trade, experience, and perspective on the business.
We invite FIT students and employees to attend lectures live on campus and the general
public to view recordings of these lectures on the posted links.
The lectures are typically held on Mondays from 4:10 pm - 5:30 pm.
In light of Covid-19, only FIT students and employees are able to attend live.
If you are a current FIT student or employee, please refer to the schedule below each week to attend the class. Otherwise, please view previously recorded links as they are posted below.
The course is taught by Professor Caroline Gordon from FIT, who has been an adjunct Professor at Fashion Institute of Technology since 2018, teaching in both the Fashion Business Management School and the School of Art and Design. In addition, Caroline has worked in the fashion industry in New York City for 16 years across multiple American brands including Ralph Lauren and Ann Taylor. She has experience in womenswear and childrenswear, with a focus on buying and wholesale sales.
Fall 2021 Lectures
- August 30, Course Introduction, Caroline Gordon
- September 6, Labor Day, NO CLASS
- September 13, Ulrich Grimm, Former Executive Vice President, Global Non-Apparel Design, Calvin Klein
- September 20, Jamillah Davis Hernandez, VP/DMM Men's Shoes & Accessories, Saks
- September 27, Robertson Keffer, Fashion Director, Home, Macys
- October 4, Margaret Josephs, Owner and Founder, The Macbeth Collection
- October 11, Christine Bean, Costume Designer, The Blacklist
- October 18, Jenny Cooper, Former Vice President of Crew Cuts Design, Founder of IXV Sustainable Coffee Shop
- October 25, Julia Haart, CEO and Chief Creative Officer, Elite World Group
- November 1, CURRENT ISSUES CLASS
- November 8, Lauren Bagliore, Creative Director, Lauren Bagliore
- November 15, Sydney Hawes, Designer, Sydney Hawes
- November 22, (Remote) Saraa Green, Founder & Designer, The Braid Releaser, (and Designer at Adidas)
- November 29, Allison Mendoza, Associate Vice President of Design, Victoria's Secret PINK
- December 6, Fashion Service Network, Panel, FSN
- December 13, FINAL CLASS
Schedule is subject to change. In light of Covid-19, only FIT students and employees are able to attend live.