"Faces and Places in Fashion" provides an opportunity to connect with the pulse of the fashion industry in an open and conversational setting.
"Faces & Places in Fashion" is a lecture series, class, and forum for prominent fashion professionals to discuss their trade, experience, and perspective on the business. We invite the general public to attend.
The lectures are held on Mondays from 4pm - 5:30 pm typically in the Katie Murphy Amphitheater (corner of Seventh Avenue and 27th Street) in the Pomerantz Center. Please check social media for location updates. The course is taught by Professor Caroline Gordon from FIT, whose experience includes work as a buyer, merchandiser and sales leader.
Spring 2020 Lectures
- January 27, Course Introduction, Caroline Gordon
- February 3, Randy Goldberg, Co-Founder, Bombas
- February 10, Austyn Zung, Creative Director, Ann Taylor
February 17, Presidents' Day, No Class
- February 24, Elodie Lifchitz, Senior Design Director, Rag and Bone
- March 2, Maria Hooper, Costume Designer, film, television, theater
- March 9, Kade & Sergio Guadamarra, Owners, Celestino Couture
- March 16, Hunter Kaczorowski, Historical Costume Designer, Broadway
- March 23, Steven Stipelman, Professor FIT, WWD Previously
- March 30, Adrianne Kirszner, President of North America, Kate Spade
- April 6, Spring Break, No Class
- April 13, Current Issues due
- April 20, Michelle Horowitz, Chief Marketing Officer, Current: Blink Fitness, Previous: Diane Von Furstenberg
- April 27,Brigitte Bogart and Team, Senior Vice President of Design and Concept, NY & Co
- May 4, Rebecca Gross & Laura Fowkes, Director of Sales & Design Director, Michael Kors
- May 11, Fashion Services Network, Panelists
- May 18, Final
Schedule is subject to change. Guests are welcome and reservations are not necessary.