The Center for Excellence in Teaching sponsors the Adjunct Institute in June. This faculty development event seeks to reach FIT's part-time faculty with convenient professional development activities that target topics such as writing across the curriculum, maximizing new technology in the classroom and fostering student-centered, active learning. Institutes regularly include outside speakers and hands-on workshops.
View Past Institute Event Pages and Resources:
- 2019 Understanding Neurodiversity and Universal Design: Classroom Strategies That Work!
- 2018 - Virtual Reality for Real Life Teaching
- 2017 - Promoting Integrity In Student Research: Wikipedia In The Post-Truth Era
- 2016 - Meeting the needs of Students for Whom English is a Second Language
- 2015 - Blackboard Basics
- 2014 - Flipped, Reversed and Wired
- 2013 - Social Media
- 2012 - Faculty Strategies: Addressing Student Issues on Today's College Campus
- 2011 - The Reflective Teaching Portfolio
- 2010 - Learning in Two Worlds: Meeting the Needs of Students for Whom English is a Second Language
- 2009 - Fostering Critical Thinking in Your Classroom (.pdf)
- 2008 - Great Teaching Goes Hi-Tech: What Lessons Have We Learned?
- 2007 - Creating effective writing assignments for design/career courses...and helping students avoid plagiarism!