Online Course Accessibility
FIT is committed to ensuring that its online content is accessible to persons with disabilities, in accordance with federal law. Please be sure that your online course content meets the following criteria:
- All audio and video files must have written transcription, also known as closed captioning for videos.
- All hyperlinks must be represented as text within a sentence to foster readability.
- All text must be a dark-colored font on a light-colored background, and in a font that is sans serif.
- Images must be labeled with an alt tag, and cannot be blinking or animated.
- All documents must be searchable. If a PDF document is not searchable, an accompanying plain text version must be available.
SensusAccess can be used to easily convert inaccessible documents such as image-only PDF files, JPG images, and Microsoft PowerPoint presentations into more accessible and less tricky formats.
Creating Accessible PDFs Part 1
Creating Accessible PDFs Part 2
Need help with LinkedIn Learning? It's free to the FIT community! Please see these instructions.