Online with The Museum at FIT
March 17, 2020
The Museum at FIT offers lots of digital content! Explore an online exhibition, watch a past program on YouTube, listen to a podcast, study up on a designer via our online collections, or supplement your learning with our educational resources! We’ve created this page to easily navigate to some of our online content.
- Dapper Dan in conversation with Valerie Steele
- André Leon Talley in conversation with Valerie Steele
- Paris Fashion: A Cultural History
- Fashion Metropolis Berlin
- Pink: The History of a Punk, Pretty, Powerful Color
- Yves Saint Laurent + Halston: Fashioning the 70s
- The Body: Fashion and Physique Interviews
- 100 Years of Fashion videos
- FIT’s Fashion History Timeline
- Fashion and Diversity Reading List
- Fashion Theory Journal, edited by Dr. Valerie Steele
MFIT Talks & Lectures
- Why Fashion Matters | Valerie Steele | Rijksmuseum
- Fashion and the Harlem Renaissance | Liz Way | The Harlem School of the Arts
To see other past talks by MFIT staff, visit our Talks + Lectures page!
Explore objects in our collection from the 18th and 19th century, 1920s and 1930s, and more.
Listen to historians, curators, and media professionals provide new perspectives on the history, impact, and evolution of fashion.
Find educational activities for educators, teens, and children designed to provide active engagement with our online exhibitions and collection.
- Scavenger Hunts
- Lesson Plans
Dive into installation images of all our exhibitions on Flickr! We also feature lots of event photos from past Fashion Culture special programs as well as Couture Council luncheons and events.