The museum is currently closed and we are unable to book tours or classes at this
We will be happy to schedule a visit for your group when the museum reopens.
The Museum's collections and exhibitions are visited by hundreds of classes and groups every year, serving FIT students, students from other local, national and international institutions (Central Saint Martins from London, Bunka from Tokyo, etc.), and adult and specialty groups.
Tours of the costume collection are available to outside groups such as high schools, colleges, and tour companies. All tours must be booked in advance. Fees vary based on group size and affiliation.
- Tours are scheduled Tuesday through Friday, 10 am or 2 pm
- Tours last approximately one hour
- Maximum group size is 50 - only one group is booked into a time slot
- Our busiest months are March, April, and May
- Payment for tours should be received at least three weeks prior to the scheduled tour. There is a $25 charge for tours cancelled less than two weeks prior to the tour date
Guided tours of the exhibitions in the museum's galleries are also available. Tours of exhibitions must be booked in advance.
- Tours are scheduled Tuesday through Friday.
- We try to book exhibition tours before noon when the museum opens to the public.
- Payment for tours should be received at least three weeks prior to the scheduled tour. There is a $25 charge for tours cancelled less than two weeks prior to the tour date.
- Maximum group size is 25 - only one group is booked into a time slot.
Specialized thematic seminars can be developed for focus groups and industry members. Special exhibition tours can also be arranged (with advance notice) for children and adults with developmental disabilities or special needs.
Book a Tour
Please contact Lynn Sallaberry by phone at 212-217-4550 or by fax at 212-217-4541.
If you are FIT Faculty or Staff click here.