Founded in 1969 by the Fashion Institute of Technology, The Museum at FIT educates and inspires diverse audiences with innovative exhibitions and projects that advance knowledge of fashion.
- The Museum at FIT collects, conserves, documents, exhibits, and interprets fashion, which it holds in trust for future generations.
- The collecting policy of the museum focuses on aesthetically and historically significant fashion.
- The museum is committed to achieving a world-class standard of excellence in the exhibition of fashion.
- The museum supports and enriches the academic programs at the college by organizing classes, tours, lectures, and symposia for diverse audiences.
- The museum is dedicated to an ambitious program of scholarly publication, new initiatives, and research opportunities for students, scholars, and designers.
The Museum at FIT will be a world-class fashion museum that fosters creativity and scholarship.