Register to Vote Information
To register to vote in the City of New York:
- You must be a citizen of the United States (Includes those persons born in Puerto Rico, Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands).
- You must be a New York City resident for at least 30 days.
- You must be 18 years of age before the next election.
- You must not be serving a jail sentence or be on parole for a felony conviction, (unless you have received a pardon for voting purposes).
- You must not be adjudged mentally incompetent by a court.
- You must not claim the right to vote elsewhere (outside the City of New York).
You can register to vote by mail, in-person, or online via the Board of Elections website.
Absentee Ballot Information
If you are unable to vote at your New York City polling place on election day, you may qualify to vote using an absentee ballot.
Contact information for the county board of elections; and SBOE posts a roster of each county's board's contact information. Campuses can locate their county's contact information here.
» FIT Disability Support Services (FIT-ABLE) is a National Voter Registration Act (NVRA) voter registration site:
Gail Leech-Sims - [email protected]
Dubinsky Center, Room A570