On behalf of the Office of Residential Life, we are happy to welcome you to the FIT residential family.
FIT RESIDENCE HALL MOVE-IN INFORMATION
Please read all information carefully. In the event that there are changes to these instructions, FIT personnel will direct you to the proper check-in area upon arrival.
- Please limit the number of people you bring with you (over 1,000 people will be accessing one NYC block).
- There is no parking on the street. Cars will be given access to unload only. Parked cars will be towed by NYC police.
Once your vehicle enters the Check-in area:
1) Unload the car immediately
2) One person must move the car to another street or a parking lot
3) One person must stay with possessions until the resident has been checked
Individuals with qualified disabilities who require modification to the move-in procedures and schedule are urged to contact the Residential Life Department at 212 217.3900 as early as possible to make special arrangements. (Residents who need special living accommodations must also inform the FIT-ABLE/Disability Services Office).
Things to remember:
- No overnight visitation during move-in week, closing and exam weeks. NO exceptions.
- Residents must move into the residence halls at their specified day and time.
- Arrivals after 11:00 pm will not be processed and it is suggested you make hotel or other arrangements.