On behalf of the Office of Residential Life, we are happy to welcome you to the FIT residential family.
FIT RESIDENCE HALL MOVE-IN INFORMATION
Please read all information carefully. In the event that there are changes to these instructions, FIT personnel will direct you to the proper check-in area upon arrival.
- Please limit the number of people you bring with you (over 1,000 people will be accessing one NYC block).
- There is no parking on the street. Cars will be given access to unload only. Parked cars will be towed by NYC police.
Once your vehicle enters the Check-in area:
1) Unload the car immediately
2) One person must move the car to another street or a parking lot
3) One person must stay with possessions until the resident has been checked
Individuals with qualified disabilities who require modification to the move-in procedures and schedule are urged to contact the Residential Life Department at (212) 217-3900 as early as possible to make special arrangements. (Residents who need special living accommodations must also inform the FIT-ABLE/Disability Services Office).
Things to remember:
- No overnight visitation during move-in week, closing and exam weeks. NO exceptions.
- Residents must move into the residence halls at their specified day and time.
- Arrivals after 11:00 pm will not be processed and it is suggested you make hotel or other arrangements.