Policy No: CR005
Videography, photography, and audio recordings take place both on and off the FIT campus on a regular basis for a variety of purposes. This policy provides clarification about the procedures that are necessary before filming, photography, or audio recordings take place and during filming, photographing, and audio recording. It also provides clarification about necessary permissions for use of content. Adherence to this policy and any other college policies will ensure that recordings are made with documentable releases and consents by those being filmed, photographed, or spoken to; that secured location agreements protect all parties and are in compliance with legal and liability issues; that ownership and usage rights are clear; that the academic environment is not unduly disrupted; and that the brand and image of both FIT and the creative output of the FIT community are protected.
Employees and students, other college-affiliated individuals, and all external parties, including media, must work directly with Communications and External Relations (CER) in planning, approving and carrying out filming, photography, and audio related to FIT (with the exception of curriculum-based work). Requests need to be submitted in advance, with reasonable time given for information gathering and due consideration.
Who is Affected by This Policy
- All members of the FIT community
- All external videographers and photographers retained by third parties working with the college
- All third parties making requests to conduct videography and/or photography and/or audio recordings
- FIT and FIT-affiliated faculty, staff, and employees conducting filming, photography, or audio recordings
- Responsible Administrator: Vice President for Communications and External Relations
- Responsible Office: Office of Communications and External Relations
- Implementation History: Issued August 2016
- Contact: Office of Communications and External Relations
View Official Policy
CR005, Filming, Photography, and Audio Policy (.pdf)
*This PDF document is the official version of this policy.