- participating in online discussion forums
- posting reports on independent activities
- using the Internet to research topics as assigned by the instructor
- taking a quiz using an online quiz tool
- watching an assigned video clip
The above activities are only examples of the types of work that may take place during the online portion of the course. In preparing to begin a BL course, students should remember that even though there is a reduction in hours spent in the classroom, BL courses are not easier than regular courses. Students must take responsibility for their independent work, and should recognize that it is very difficult to catch up once one falls behind in online activities.
For questions about BL courses, please contact your instructor or Tamara Cupples, Executive Director of Online Learning and Academic Technologies, at [email protected]