The Couture Council of The Museum at FIT will honor Wes Gordon, creative director of Carolina Herrera, with its 2021 Couture Council Award for Artistry of Fashion on Wednesday, September 22 at Cipriani South Street in New York City. The luncheon benefits the recently reopened Museum at FIT (MFIT), New York’s only museum dedicated exclusively to the art of fashion, which was temporarily closed due to COVID-19.
The Couture Council, working in conjunction with the museum, organizes activities and events to raise the institution’s profile and provide financial support for the museum’s initiatives. The most important of these events is the Couture Council’s award ceremony and benefit luncheon. Designers who have received the Couture Council Award for Artistry of Fashion include Karl Lagerfeld, Valentino, Carolina Herrera, and the late Oscar de la Renta
Join the Couture Council:
Members of the Couture Council are invited to all of the museum’s opening receptions
and other special member-only fashion events.
The Couture Council is pleased to offer the following new membership levels:
- Couture Membership - $1000
- Fashion Icon Membership - $2500
- Fashionista Membership - $350
- Fashion Professional Membership - $350
Join or renew online via our secure website using your credit card.
Board of Directors
Jane E. DeFlorio
Founding Members and Past Chairs
Liz Peek, Founding Member and Past Chair
Yaz Hernández, Founding Member and Past Chair
Kamie Lightburn, Past Chair
Advisory Board Members
Marjorie R. Harris
Carole Divet Harting
Michèle Gerber Klein
Dr. Valerie Steele, Director, The Museum at FIT
Couture Council Members JANUARY 2020
Virginia N. Barbato
Will Ameringer & Kevin Byrne
Christina R. Davis
Mary E. Davis
Jody H. Grass
Evelyn Blose Holman
Sharon Coplan Hurowitz
Cindy and Steve Ketchum
Adnan Ege Kutay
Tara K. Milne
Barbara J. Parsky
Sarah Sulzberger Perpich
Pam B. Schafler
Randall Ian Stempler
- Invitation to the annual Couture Council Artistry of Fashion benefit luncheon. Past awardees: Ralph Rucci (2006), Alber Elbaz of Lanvin (2007), Isabel Toledo (2008), Dries Van Noten (2009), Karl Lagerfeld (2010), Valentino (2011), Oscar de la Renta (2012), Michael Kors (2013), Carolina Herrera (2014), Manolo Blahnik (2015), Albert Kriemler (2016), Thom Browne (2017), Narciso Rodriguez (2018), and Christian Louboutin (2019).
- Private tours of exhibitions at The Museum at FIT.
- Private visits to the ateliers of fashion designers such as Isabel Toledo and her husband, fashion illustrator Ruben Toledo, Ralph Rucci, Zac Posen, Angel Sanchez, Chadwick Bell, Prabal Gurung, J. Mendel, Francisco Costa of Calvin Klein, Reem Acra, Bibhu Mohapatra, Lafayette 148 and NYC Ballet Costume Shop.
- Store events with Calvin Klein, Verdura, Tiffany, Reed Krakoff, the FD Gallery, and Mish New York.
- Lectures with Michael Kors, Zac Posen and Ruben and Isabel Toledo at the Doubles Club.
- Cocktails and Conversation with Peter Copping of Oscar de la Renta at the Core Club.
- Cocktails and Conversation with designers Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez of Proenza Schouler and Dr. Valerie Steele, Director, The Museum at FIT at the Proenza Schouler Boutique.
- Tea and Conversation with renowned hat designer Patricia Underwood.
- NYC Ballet Costume Shop Tour.
- Cocktails and Couture with Bibhu Mohapatra at the Core Club.
- Cartier Mansion Tour.
- Cocktails and Conversation with Jason Wu.
- Great Designers event featuring fashions by Lee Alexander McQueen.
- Introduction to Fashion History featuring The Little Black Dress.
- 2019 Couture Council Winter Luncheon with Roopal Patel, SVP Fashion Director, Saks Fifth Avenue.
- Great Designers event featuring fashions by Azzedine Alaïa with supermodel Veronica Webb.