Since the museum is currently closed, we are processing Rights and Reproduction requests
on a limited basis.
If you have any questions regarding museum images, please contact us via [email protected]
and we will do our best to assist with your query.
Thank you for your interest in obtaining images from the collection of The Museum at FIT. All visual resources and accompanying content on the Museum’s website and in its collection are the intellectual property of FIT (or of third parties, from whom FIT has obtained permission to use the visual resource) in accordance with FIT’s Intellectual Property policy. Your use of MFIT images, videos, or other visual resources and their accompanying content is subject to the following terms and conditions. Third party visual resources are not covered by these terms; your use of such images is subject to any terms or conditions set by each individual copyright holder.
The Museum generally permits the personal or educational use of its images and accompanying content (captions, descriptions, etc.) subject to the following terms:
- The use must be noncommercial, meaning your use is in no way connected with or on a platform that takes in advertisements or sponsors, does not charge a fee for services, and does not offer any product or service for sale.
- The images must remain unaltered. Cropping, filtering, retouching, bleeding, removal of any marks, or other alterations are prohibited.
- All of the accompanying caption information must be included without alteration, and you must attribute the image and content source to The Museum at FIT and include the URL https://www.fitnyc.edu/museum.
- Your use may not involve formal publication in a book, periodical, journal, and similar publications (including electronic versions), even if the use is noncommercial. For these types of publications, refer to the terms below.
Requests for all other uses not within the above terms and conditions must be made via our reproduction request form. Permission to use the visual resources and accompanying content of The Museum at FIT is granted on a case-by-case basis at the sole discretion of the Museum and is subject to the requestor’s written agreement to specific license terms for the use (see agreements, below). License fees may apply depending on the type and nature of the intended use. Please contact us for more information concerning permissions, or to request digital photography of works in the Museum’s collection (subject to additional fees and staff availability).
If you are a member of the press and want to request images to accompany a story about the Museum, its programs, or staff, please contact the Office of Communications and External Relations at [email protected] or (212) 217-4700.
Image Request Instructions
Make your image request via this ONLINE REQUEST FORM.
Once we receive your request, every effort will be made to meet your publication deadline. Please allow 4-6 weeks to process your request. Following receipt and approval of your complete request, we will send you an invoice. The invoice must be paid in full and the Rights and Reproductions Agreement signed before photography is released to you.
- Rights and Reproductions Fee Schedule
- Rights and Reproductions Agreement Print & E-editions
- Rights and Reproductions Agreement Print & E-editions (World Language Rights)
- Rights and Reproductions Agreement Digital Media or Television/Film/Video
- Rights and Reproductions Agreement Other Commercial Uses
- Permission to Reproduce – Louise Dahl Wolfe Photographs
Please review the terms of the specific Rights and Reproductions Agreement carefully, and let us know if you have any questions. Generally, the licenses outline the type of permissible use, prohibit alterations, and require appropriate credit to the Museum.
If an object has not been photographed, new photography may be requested. New photography of objects is at the discretion of the museum’s senior staff and subject to the Museum’s photography schedule. Requests can be denied for any reason. Additional fees apply for new photography and are determined on a case-by-case basis.
Once you receive your invoice, payment is due in full and must be made in U.S. dollars. All payment must be made out and remitted to The Museum at FIT. Accepted forms of payment are U.S. check, credit card, and international wire transfer. Image(s) will be released when payment is received and the Rights and Reproductions Agreement is signed.
How to Reach Us
If you have any questions, you may reach us by phone, fax or email:
Attention: Melissa Marra
Tel: (212) 217-4552 / Fax: (212) 217-4531
Email: [email protected]