Current FIT Residents
Due to the unforeseen circumstances surrounding COVID-19, Summer Housing at FIT has been suspended until further notice. Please continue to check our website for any further updates.
Summer Housing Policies and Procedures
- You do not have to enroll in summer classes to live in FIT summer housing. To be eligibile for summer housing, you must be living in an FIT residence hall during the prior spring semester.
- Full payment is due upon submission of your summer housing application. NO REFUNDS ONCE PAYMENT IS SUBMITTED.
- You will be required to move to your summer assigned room by a deadline provided by Residential Life. You will stay in your spring room until you are notified that your summer room is ready. You will be given a move deadline at that time.
- You will be charged $10 per overnight guest.
- All other overnight visitation rules and regulations apply.
- EXTENDED VISITATION WILL NOT BE GRANTED DURING RECESS PERIODS.
We will make every effort to assign you to your fall room for the summer; however, you may be required to move.
No, there are no room switches during the summer.
Yes. If you do not have a roommate one will be assigned to you. During the summer, FIT opens its Residence Halls to outside groups and students from other schools. You may be paired with a roommate who is not an FIT student.
You will be charged a single rate. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS.
No. However, there are a number of grocery stores and restaurants in the area.